What Have You Done for Me Lately?

I went to UCLA to present my research. I went to London to help run a research transparency and reproducibility workshop.





GF and I went from there to Scotland after and the rental car was a lemon, it overheated, I blew the head gasket, and per Enterprise's instructions we left it by the side of the road in order to catch our train.

It's as pretty as you've heard


Summit of Ben Nevis


Then back home I got hit by a car on my bike (an Uber with passengers, who fled the scene when I pulled out my phone to document and call the police!) I was not hurt but fuck Uber for not caring.

This is a felony.

This is a felony.

This is a felony.

Murder someone, don't pay tolls, whatever. I've got dealer tags!
 Thankfully a change to the dealer tag law has already been passed and will kick in after just
one more year, only 3,000 California traffic fatalities from now.

This is the turd who could've killed me

In October I ran the Euchre Bar Massacre again, and failed again. The weather was lovely, so I should have been able to complete it, I just blew it being too precious on my climb up Government Springs, as usual. I really just need to forget about trying to follow the burned-over remains of the trail and just go for it. Calf sleeves might also help with the brush. I missed the 1AM cutoff after completing 6 of 8 climbs, again. I still love the North Fork, though.




I have one race left this year, the Quad Dipsea, but mostly I'm trying to finish up my three papers on SNAP and apply for jobs. The East Bay is nice, and my job is great, but a soft money research position in this housing market is, uh, not the least stressful thing I can think of.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run