Heat Maps

I use Strava to log my running and biking miles. They use a freemium business model. The premium isn't worth it as a runner, I've decided, and you'd need to be a total power/wattage bike equipment geek for it to be worth it. But since I paid for one month, here are the heat maps that show where I've run most frequently.


I assume I'm the only person yet to log significant Strava miles in Kakamega, Kenya.

 Swat, Philly, and that one time I ran to Philly from Swat.


Home

I kind of wish I had Strava back in the day when I ran from Berkeley to Diablo and back. It would make a nice connection between many of my routes.

 Not nearly as exciting for running.

I think the heat map algorithm is pretty silly. The intensity is logged only by the number of workouts on which you've covered a certain stretch, not the actual number of times you've covered a stretch. That is, I've run around this loop exactly 100 times, but I did it all on one day, so it shows up very faint, which seems unusual.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run