2015 in Review

Remember that "go camping for a month this summer without losing your job" thing?

Here's how much I camped in 2015. "Camping" includes car camping in the truck, honest-to-goodness backpacking, or staying up all night long running.

March: 2 (4MPH Challenge)
April: 2 (Zion 100)
May: 7 (MeOw, Ventana, American River, Emigrant)
June: 2 (Solstice 24, Carson-Iceberg)
July: 7 (El Dorado, Emigrant, Tushar 93K)
August: 3 (Desolation, Sierra NF)
September: 11 (Tahoe 200, IMTUF, Bear)
October: 2 (Florida)
December: 4 (Nevada)

40 days by my count. Not too shabby.

Also, Strava says I ran 2,485 miles (with 330K feet of climbing) over 251 runs. That's definitely the most running I've done, but not the most miles on foot (2007 CDT yo-yo). So pretty good. I'm not sure how I feel about the Barkley waitlist, but I might as well do a shit-ton of super steep training, so I'm back on the horse.

I should probably also make some goals about research, using my phone less, reading real books, and learning to play the banjo. We'll see.
George on the new truck bed

Vert is the name of the training game


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run