Update: 2016 Race Schedule

Probably more for my own benefit than yours, I'm updating my draft 2016 schedule:

April 1, Barkley Marathons (application, lottery Dec 25)
April 9, Lake Sonoma 50 (lottery Dec 1-10)
April 23, Zane Grey 50 (signed up)
June 25-26, Western States (lottery, entered)
July 9, Capitol Reef 50/100 (100 held only if sufficient interest)
July 15-16, Hardrock 100 (lottery, entered)
August 6, Angeles Crest 100 (signed up)
August 20, Waldo 100K (lottery Feb 15-24)
September 17, Plain 100
September 24-25, Mogollon Monster
October 15, Euchre Bar Massacre

Maybe also:
BAOC Orienteering Events
March 19, 4MPH Challenge
May 14, MeOw Marathons
Bone Tempest

I got into Zane Grey and put in for Western States. Maybe because I've been traveling to dreary London for work and not running, I'm not looking forward to many races, but there's time for that to change.

This new 50K in Mendocino sounds really nice, but conflicts with Zane Grey.

US Skyrunning lists a Tahoe-area 50K June 19 that could be great.

BF reminded that the Idaho Trail Ultra Series puts on some good races (two 100K and a 50M in June, July, and August) that could justify a trip. I'm disinclined at the moment, but after Western States and Hardrock lotteries don't pan out, and if Capitol Reef doesn't put on a 100, I could swing that way for sure. There are nonstops on Southwest from Oakland to Boise, after all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run