Quick Warmup

Last weekend I decided to get some work done and run a local race instead of heading to the Sierras. So Sunday Yuch and I headed down the coast a bit and ran the Skyline to the Sea Trail. I ran this up and back on Christmas Day several years ago, but this experience was a little better.

I was expecting for the course to be easy because of the huge net drop, but there is still over 4,500 feet of climbing, so it's not easy. I finished in 5:08:51, which I think is my third best 50K time.

We cooled off in the ocean, and then gave a ride to a fellow runner back to the South Bay. Turned out he's climbed Everest and two other 8,000m peaks and offered us free entry and accommodations in his race in Monterrey, Mexico.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run