Taking it Easy

All the driving was getting to me, so I stayed local this weekend.

Ran a bad 8 miles on Friday caused by eating too much just before starting. Saw Amy Schumer's new movie and was disappointed, because it's just a romcom, and not at all insightful, satirical, or absurdist like her show. I blame Judd Apatow.

Ran a decent 18 with 2,500 feet of climbing on Saturday.

And now photos from today:
When George lays down and waits for me to catch up, you know you've run him hard.

George and Yuch patiently waiting.

Las Trampas Ridge Trail

I have never seen him drink so much water.

Just to give you some idea of how steep Las Trampas is.


George modeling his new petrified horse look with his new Gentle Leader collar
Ran 22 in Las Trampas with 6,000+ feet of climbing today, and it was hotter than hell. I bonked HARD. I was practically crying and wishing for a slurpee at the end. Thankfully, there was a 7-11 only a mile from the trailhead, so all is well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run