Updates

I saw John Prine live at the Wilmington, DE Grand Opera House last night. I went by myself, and I was probably the youngest person in the audience. That said, it was amazing. I cried. I only learned he was playing nearby (I'm equidistant from Philly and Wilmington, plus there's a cheap beer store across the state line in Delaware) from his appearance on Colbert on Thursday, which I thought was only mediocre, but made me want to see him before he got any older. I had previously never heard the two songs below.


This afternoon on the way home from my run, I realized I had no way to pay for my standard two veggie burritos, because my wallet had been ransacked. I accidentally left it in the car overnight, and accidentally left the car unlocked. $36 and three bank/credit cards gone. Thanks for leaving my driver's license. If you'd left me $13 for burritos, I wouldn't even be mad. Thus far Swarthmore Police are great and doing even more than I expected (hoping to track down video from the Best Buy and gas station where stuff was purchased today) which is great. I guess I don't live in Oakland anymore, where police won't come unless the home burglary is in progress.

I posted the Subaru for sale on Craigslist. I don't really need a car except for occasional rides to/from the airport, and they have these things called taxis, and I think this would take a little work to pass PA inspection, though the engine will probably last a while. I'll probably take it to the shop this week to get an estimate on all the repairs; if <$800, it's probably easier to just keep it--it got me across the country, after all.

Should I have drafted Colin Kaepernick instead of RGIII in my fantasy leagues? We'll see.

I switched from theoldreader to feedly for my RSS feeds. The Old Reader is too slow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run

Hardrock 34:42