Run Log: February 11-17

Ugh. I only ran 52.6 this week. I missed Monday by flying back from SF, and Sunday by going to the climate change rally in DC. My hamstrings were sore and I was limping a little walking around the hallways at school Tuesday and Wednesday, but I ran 10 on Thursday and felt great, running sub-9's. Then alum Jonathan Franzen spoke on campus, and he was great.



But Saturday I felt like garbage and was really slow. I knew I didn't have it in me to run a bunch of loops in Crum, so I tried to run an out and back along a road route (it's much easier to force myself to get home from far away then it is to run another loop when I'm at my front door), but I sucked at following the signs for the supposedly bicycle safe route from my house to Philly, and there weren't always sidewalks, so it wasn't George's favorite. I still managed a slow 15.

I think I might be getting a cold. Suboptimal for both school and running my 50-miler this weekend. I'm also listening to Empire of the Summer Moon: Quanah Parker and the Rise and Fall of the Comanches, the Most Powerful Indian Tribe in American History while running, and I'm a little disappointed. So far it's coming across as a dry military history, with a lot of (racist? unfair?) sections on how Comanches raped and tortured their prisoners.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run

Hardrock 34:42