The boring news

In boring news, I finished listening to DFW's The Broom of the System on audiobook. I didn't really understand it, but it had some hilarious and awesome moments (a short story about a women with a frog living in a hole in her neck, for example.) I also finished reading King Leopold's Ghost. I recommend it.  Julia Louis Dreyfuss' new shoe Veep  is very good. I'm working my way through West Wing, which I've never seen before, and is super sappy. I'm almost done reading Dave Eggars' What is the What, it's not amazing. I watched Strangers on a Train, and The Battle of Algiers a while ago, both were awesome. Elia Kazan's Wild River was unwatchably hamfisted.

In awesome news, I went on vacation. I picked up GF in Nairobi, we hiked around the Ngong Hills, went on a boat ride and a donkey ride in Lamu, reached the hikers' summit of Mt. Kenya, did a game drive in Samburu NP, hiked Mt. Longonot, went running and horseback riding through game at Sanctuary Farm and Crescent Island on Lake Naivasha, and walked around the old port in Kisumu. Then GF hung out with me in Kakamega for a week. We visited the forest yesterday and now she's gone. Life sucks, but at least you get the photos now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run