New Orleans

I had meetings in Atlanta, so I took a long weekend in New Orleans beforehand and got quality time with the gf, grad school friends from Houston, and my high school friend who's finishing her PhD at Tulane. I pretty much loved the place. It's flat as a board and apparently crazy hot in the summer, but I would love to rent a double-shotgun there for a month and bike around listening to buskers. I saw David Simon's HBO series Treme filming on location in the Quarter, which made my day, but I failed to see Kermit Ruffins play, so I'll have to go back.

Awesome.

Wait a minute! He's only lunging out of the water because you were feeding him hot dogs!? So lame. Diabetes rates are high enough already.
New Orleans wins for having a bondage-rabbit on a Mitt Romney firetruck
I caught a cabbage. Also carrots, moonpies, crackers, a bubble wand, a spear, a frisbee, and a million beads.

The cabbage I caught, in the air on its way to me.
Seriously, the houses there are awesome.
Honey Island swamp tour
Booty Shaking

The Swamp

Heron

Hero


The Bywater

The Bywater

Lower Ninth

Art

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run