Lake Victoria is not that far from my house.

I rode the ~100km from the house to Lake Victoria near the village of Sio Port and back today. There was a little more pavement than I'd like (you have to take the main Busia-Kisumu road to Matayos to take the only bridge over the river), and I got lost a little on the way back trying to cut out some of it. I plan on buying a smart phone (probably the Huawei IDEOS) so I can use google maps for navigation--the detail on the unpaved roads is pretty good, and cell reception is ubiquitous thus far in my experience. I took a brief boat ride to get closer to some birds. As usual, when I was fairly exhausted and almost all the way home a dude on a bike decides to race me the last few miles, so now I'm completely exhausted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run