Hopefully Not My Last Ride

Last Thursday I went to Yosemite with friends and hiked an awesome 19 or 20 miles. A raging Yosemite Falls (too many people), top of El Cap, a couple miles on snow, gorgeous granite, and pretty wildflowers in a burned section. Then I went to San Diego for the Western Economics Association International conference. I presented my paper and discussed a paper on combat exposure and punitive discharges from the military in some defense economics sessions set up by RAND. As this is "the vacation conference" I of course also hung out with the Ruts, went to Del Mar Beach and Torrey Pines, and walked around the San Diego Harbor.

Today I biked a nice 38 miles. Map. Hopefully it won't be my last ride, because I came down Centennial, which really isn't that fun--too steep and straight to really enjoy. Claremont is better.

Remaining in the California Countdown: my first tattoo, a very long run, Eddie Vedder concert, and perhaps cliff jumping at Sword Lake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run