Slab City






I went to Vegas and traded in AL for Gz at the airport. We visited Red Rocks and Mojave briefly, had dinner with NITRO in Indio, and then camped in Slab City. I figured since I didn't make it to the Magic Bus this year I might as well visit the slabs. We didn't talk to anybody there since we got in late and left early, but we did pick up a hitch-hiker on his way to the town right next to them (Niland), and he had tons of stories to tell us about them, so that hit the spot. We also stopped by the shore of the Salton Sea and saw evidence of a recent fish kill. All I could think of the whole time in Imperial County was Obi-Wan's description of Mos Eisley.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run