Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride

My bicycle is on the roof of a yellow Mini Cooper on its way to Utah. I'm flying there on July 8th for M&S's wedding. Then I'm riding home.

It's going to be ridiculously hot, I've never ridden further than 30 miles, and I really need to be doing research, plus I'm also disappointed to be missing Sweetgrass at its only SF engagement on July 11-12, a Kurosawa double feature at the PFA on the 14th, and a restored print of Seven Samurai on the 17th.

My expected route is to head down the west side of Utah Lake then take 50 west for a long time. I ordered a couple of the Western Express route maps from Adventure Cycling, so maybe I'll end up doing some of that. Hiker friends did something similar a few years ago and trailjournaled it. Who knows. I'm not guaranteeing I'll do the whole thing (did I mention it's going to be hot?), but I've got to get out and do something so I don't go crazy. Like the man said, buy the ticket, take the ride.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run