Redwood 50K

Ran the Redwood 50K in 6:03 today. It rained pretty hard for almost the first hour, which made the mud pretty fun and the chafing pretty not-fun. I had hoped to ride my bike the 11 miles there to save carbon and get a better workout, but I slept pretty crappily and I thought it wouldn't be a good idea with the rain.

Ultrasignup.com now has a pretty decent results page for every ultra schmoe out there, including me. They show 20 of the 23 I've run. A better person's list to look at is this one.

Let me just end by saying there are few better feelings in life than to have an uplifting episode of Fresh Air end and an amazing rock song [see below] come on your iPod, and all the sudden have the endorphins flowing and all the sudden start running twice as fast when you're 3/5 of the way through an ultra.

Comments

  1. Full fenders. Just do it. No more excuses. Göran Kropp would never pull out the 'it's raining' excuse Garret.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was less worried about fender/splash than eating it on a wet sharp turn and having the bike sit out in the rain all day, but yeh, I should've ridden.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run