How's This For A Plan?

The next PCTR race on Angel Island is June 19. What if I bought this kayak trailer for my bike, rode to the Berkeley marina, paddled the 8 miles across the bay, ran the 50K, paddled back to Berkeley, then biked home?

I've frequently biked/run to races in Redwood Park or Rodeo Beach, but I'm pretty jealous of the runner that biked 80 miles to the race up in Salt Point State Park then won the 50K. I'm not promising to win anything, but it'd be a rad carbon-less trip. I don't know squat about the currents in the Bay, so I'll have to look into that. I know you can paddle about 3 mph, so I'd have to be on the water before 5:30. The sun rises at 5:47, so that shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run