Boring Update

I've been doing research. Or trying to. Mostly on the Forest Service's 2001 Roadless Rule. I'd be interested to see if I could estimate its effect on local employment. I can't think of an identification strategy other than diff-n-diff, and I'm not sure how well even that will work, plus I have to build the data using GIS. Also, importantly, it's been done before. But right now I have 935 pages of exams to grade. I bailed on the WFR course I was going to take in January so that hopefully I can get more some research done (down time between semesters seems like a good time, and although I'd love to learn the material, if I ever want to graduate, I definitely don't have time to join a S&R group right now, which is a good chunk of why I wanted to take the course). I leave Sat/Sun for Indonesia. I'm TA-ing again next semester but I applied for a short job in February teaching impact evaluation stuff abroad. More on that later if it actually happens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run