Mokelumne Coast to Crest

I was on EBMUD property near Briones Reservoir the other day and noticed "Mokelumne Coast to Crest Trail" signs. Mostly I was ticked off about how little access EBMUD allows, supposedly to protect the watershed but at the same time allowing cattle grazing that I assume produces way more erosion and poop-in-water-itis, but I figured I'd look into this MC2C Trail. From the website, it doesn't look like it's moving along very fast, but it's a nice idea. It'd be a nice way to get to the Sierras from the coast. The American Discovery Trail already does the same thing, but further north and with a lot of pavement and by going through downtown Sacramento. Maybe if the MC2C ever got finished it would be a prettier way to traverse the foothills, although I bet there'd be a million cows.

Map of proposed MC2C.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run