I'm Going to Stop Buying Food Now


Too lazy to rotate this picture. I think I'm done buying food. I've boxed most of it, and now I'll start putting in socks, batteries, toilet paper, and (crap I need to buy some) hand sanitizer. Do you think all these boxes plus three people will fit in a Subaru? That's kind of my current plan for getting them to the person who'll be mailing them for me. I'll probably mail the first four before I leave town, so that should help. This preparation stuff is getting annoying. I'm trying to be more prepared for this trip than for any other because I can't be wasting time in town ordering gear, mailing bounce boxes ahead, or shopping if I need to be hiking 41 every day. Maybe the prep would be more fun if I spread it out over months instead of putting it together in a week while I was also moving.

Econ nerd moment: maildrops are a constrained optimization problem. More frequent packages means lighter loads, and less catastrophic problems if one package doesn't arrive, but more time wasted in town.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run