More National Scenic Trails I'll Get to Hike

Awesome. The Omnibus Public Lands Management Act of 2009 (HR 146) has finally passed the House. I wrote about this when it was S22, but couldn't find much about it when it stalled in the House.

Read about it from the Environmental News Service. [thanks, Postholer]
Read about it on Congress Matters.
Read the full text on Thomas.

Also, on a completely unrelated note, Idris Elba is British, and normally has an obvious accent. Did you know that? His role as Stringer Bell is probably the best accented acting work since Meryl Streep in Sophie's Choice. Amazing. Clearly I'm in a good mood thanks to the bill passing. It's almost enough to make me forget that I spent the day reading about LA taking the Owens Valley's water.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run