S22

Friends from ALDHA-West alerted me to the existence of a bill currently before the floor of the Senate, S22, the Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009, which would designate a bunch of new areas as wilderness, designate several trails as National Historic/Scenic Trails, and generally be totally awesome. According to Congress Matters it passed a cloture vote a few hours ago so should be up for a real vote soon.

Read the full text on Thomas.

Follow the bill's status on OpenCongress.

Use the American Hiking Society's link to tell your Senatorial peeps to vote for it.

Do any hiker friends know anything about the New England National Scenic Trail? I'd never heard of it before just now.

Comments

  1. Anonymous3:19 PM

    Yo Onion!

    I'm in Ma. Never heard of the New England Trail, but I have hiked the Metacomet and Metacomet-Monadnock Trails and they're both awesome.

    If this trail comes to fruition, I will be on it without question.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run