Years Old and Miles and a Master's Degree

As of 3:17 this afternoon, I'm 29 years old. I played (touch) football with my IM team on Saturday, and when I woke up ridiculously sore on Sunday I decided to run 29 miles today to prove that I'm not old. Sort of as prep for the 24-hour race I'll be doing in a couple months, I decided to do the miles around the dirt track at school. I got a late start and I forgot my running hat so my bald head was getting sunburned, so I only ran 100 laps (rather than 116) before I had to go to school. Oh well. When I got to school I checked my mailbox and found the results from last month's Law & Economics field exam. On an excellent-good-pass-fail scale, I needed a pass in order to fulfill the requirements for the Master's degree/coursework portion of my program. I got a good. So I'm all done with courses, I've got a master's degree, and I'll just be doing my own original research/taking time off to hike long distances from now on. Sweet!

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday, Garrett. And Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huzzah! Happy birthday, happy master's degree, happy everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the Master's degree. That is really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday again and congrats on the masters again. way to follow in my footsteps. i feel proud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. School is for suckers! Hooray for hiking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on all of it, Garret - and you're nowhere near old, 'cause I am there and you're not even in sight yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the Master's Degree. Do you have to get your research approved?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run