Football Controls My Emotions

Virginia Tech got blown out, then the Redskins got blown out, then Ohio State got blown out again, and now Joe Gibbs is retiring. I suppose Cal did win their bowl game, but going 7-6 isn't much to get excited about. Now with the possible exception of March, I suppose I'll just be bored until September. I'll try to keep it in perspective that it also really sucks that two of the foreign countries I've been to most recently (Pakistan, Kenya) seem to be falling apart. Perhaps I should also focus on the positive--when I visited my brother in North Carolina, I discovered the three Christensen brothers actually do have something in common: we all love football.

On a much happier note, Pacence, a friend of mine from the Appalachian Trail, stopped by on Sunday. I hadn't seen him since the trail in '02, so we had a lot of catching up to do. He's been traveling almost non-stop since then, and it was really nice to be able to talk to someone with the same sense of adventure/searching/flirting with running away to Alaska/wanderlust.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run

Hardrock 34:42