Pie Town, NM - October 18

Aaron: The new Radiohead album the day it came out? You, my friend, are awesome.

Thomas, Jody, Wendell, and Sarah: I wish I knew the Cookie Monster song, because if I did, I'd sing it in your honor right now. Thanks!

Did 38 on Sunday so I could get to the Grants PO by Monday closing--I surely wouldn't want to be forced to pay $25 for a hotel room and watch movies and Monday Night Football and drink a gallon of chocolate milk--that would have stunk. So I climbed Mt. Taylor (11,301") then walked by a landfill and a prison literally 10 yards from the road while inmates followed me in the yard and stared. Went to the PO and grocery store, then left town.

After a bunch of annoying lava and road walking I'm in Pie Town now on the 18th. I've got maps for the rest of the trip. There are a lot of options south of here. I'm not excited about fording the Gila again, but I probably will end up there anyway. Hopefully, I'll be in Silver City in 5 days, then visit the "official" Crazy Cook terminus, then hike out and down the highway to the Antelope Wells point of entry the next day. Not a lot of water and not a lot of trail. Oh well--it's still fun and the pie is great.

P.S.: I'll try and stop at the PO in Hachita, NM if anybody wants to send me a victory postcard.

For anyone who knows the geography of small NM towns, sorry this is out of order but I was out of town when Garret sent it home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run