This Will Eventually Show Up Twice

Supposedly you can post to your blog via e-mail, but that method has been really slow/not working of late, so if this shows up twice, it's because I'm impatient and also posted it directly.

I had a great last weekend in Busia. I may have broken a window at the office with the frisbee Friday afternoon, but they're being replaced soon, so it's cool. To celebrate my and Eva's last weekend in Busia we went to New Check Inn, the local night club. The bass was so powerful my hair was standing on end and I thought my chest was going to cave in, but it was a lot of fun. Saturday I went to Roselyn's (the office mom/cleaning lady) and wowed her with my mad ugali-making skills (that's comparable to being complimented on being able to use chopsticks after living in Korea for two years) and she showed me how to make chapatis. Sunday I went to her church service to hear her lead the music. Before she got up to go to the front and take the mic, she said, "Garret, this time I hope you will at least stand up and shake your booty," which was about the funniest thing I had ever heard. Ok, she might've actually said "body" instead of "booty" but my brain much preferred to hear "booty." We all had dinner over at the MSF house where I was able to make up for six months without cheese or pork, and I also finished reading Joseph Conrad's The Secret Agent, CS Lewis' Mere Christianity, and the website that Nick Kristof calls "snarky," whydoesgodhateamputees.com.

I took a boda joy-ride around town today and filmed some video on the way. I'm excited about getting back to Berkeley, but I'm totally going to miss this place. My CDT plans are still on for May in my mind, but I'm not 100% sure what will happen in reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run